Pregnancy and Chiropractic
… is there more than just back pain?
Pregnancy is a complex thing. This simplified version is provided for ease of explanation only. Pregnancy starts with the re-regulation of the already intense hormonal cycle of the women. When the hormones change the body adapts to that change, as much as it can. Weight gain and a re-centering in gravity are expected. The pregnant belly is only one thing that gives back pain. It will tug and pull on the back making it more curved and less able to handle the daily stressors. As pregnancy get further along a bigger problem presents itself. Relaxin, a hormone found in pregnant females when preparing to give birth, comes on the scene. Relaxin does just what the name implies, but not to the mom. Relaxin acts on the ligaments and helps the pelvis begin to stretch. Pelvic stability is directly related to the body’s ability to stand up straight, hold adjustments, and move the legs properly. If the pelvis becomes “too relaxed” the problem becomes one of gravity versus the upcoming mommy, and gravity always wins.
Dr. Bench and Dr. Jason are two of only four Chiropractors in the state trained in techniques to help stabilize the pelvis! This makes Evolution Chiropractic a perfect place for expecting women. The technique is gentle and safe for both mom and baby, and involves allowing the pelvis to return to a proper
position without quick movements or twisting motions.
Benefits of Chiropractic /Organ Care during pregnancy:
- Neural pathways are more clear and clean for growing the baby better
- Mom is more structurally prepared for birth and after birth for quicker healing
- Sciatica – find and fix the source, or keep the radiating pain in control
- Low back pain – re-align pelvis, sacrum and lumbar’s to alleviate pain
- Leg pain – reduce aches, cramps, RLS symptoms, and shooting pain
- Pelvic instability – because of Relaxin, constant support will help with pain and discomfort
- Organs work better: Skin – less rashes, itching, blemishes | Adrenal – less fatigue, headaches, hormonal surges |
Intestinal – less constipation/diarrhea | Digestive – less heartburn, nausea; Lymph – less swelling, bulging, sickness
- Better sleep
- Options for labor inducing help
- Options for Breech baby